Louis II Hesse, Grand Duke
Louis II was Grand Duke of Hesse and by Rhine from 1830 until 5 March 1848 (He resigned in the German Revolution of 1848). He was the son of Louis I, Grand Duke of Hesse.
He was married to Wilhelmine of Baden who was his first cousin. Through her, Louis had four surviving children - Louis III, Prince Charles, Prince Alexander, and Marie, who became Empress consort of Alexander II of Russia. The last two were, however, more likely fathered by Baron August von Senarclens de Grancy, the longtime lover of his wife.
- Prince Ludwig of Hesse-Darmstadt (9 June 1806 – 13 June 1877); (the future Grand Duke).
- Stillborn son (18 August 1807).
- Prince Karl Wilhelm Ludwig of Hesse-Darmstadt (23 April 1809 – 20 March 1877).
- Princess Amalia Elisabeth Luise Karoline Friederike Wilhelmine of Hesse-Darmstadt (20 May 1821 – 27 May 1826).
- Stillborn daughter (7 June 1822).
- Prince Alexander Ludwig Georg Friedrich Emil of Hesse-Darmstadt (15 July 1823 – 15 December 1888)
- Princess Maximiliane Wilhelmine Auguste Sophie Marie of Hesse-Darmstadt(8 August 1824 – 3 June 1880); the future Empress consort of Tsar Alexander II of Russia.
Nav pesaistītu vietu
Nav norādīti notikumi