Princess Theresa of Nassau-Weilburg
Princess Therese Wilhelmine Friederike Isabelle Charlotte of Nassau-Weilburg, full German name: Therese Wilhelmine Friederike Isabelle Charlotte, Prinzessin von Nassau-Weilburg (17 April 1815 in Weilburg, Duchy of Nassau – 8 December 1871 in Prague, Kingdom of Bohemia, Austria–Hungary) was a member of the House of Nassau-Weilburg and a Princess of Nassau-Weilburg by birth. Through her marriage to Duke Peter of Oldenburg, Therese was also a Duchess of Oldenburg.
Therese was the second child and daughter of William, Duke of Nassau and his first wife Princess Louise of Saxe-Hildburghausen.
Marriage and issue
Therese married Duke Peter of Oldenburg, second and younger son of Duke George of Oldenburg and his wife Catherine Pavlovna of Russia, on 23 April 1837 in Biebrich. Therese and Peter had eight children:
- Alexandra of Oldenburg (2 June 1838, St. Petersburg – 13 April 1900 Kiev, Ukraine); m. Grand Duke Nicholas Nikolaevich of Russia (1831–1891).
- Nicholas of Oldenburg (9 May 1840, St. Petersburg – 20 January 1886, Geneva, Switzerland); m. Maria Bulazel created Countess of Osternburg.
- Cecile of Oldenburg (27 February 1842 St. Petersburg – 11 January 1843, St. Petersburg)
- Alexander of Oldenburg (2 June 1844, St Petersburg, – 6 September 1932, Biarritz, France). Heir of the Russian Oldenburgs. He married Princess Eugenia Maximilianovna of Leuchtenberg. Their only son, Duke Peter Alexandrovich of Oldenburg, married Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna of Russia
- Catherine of Oldenburg (21 September 1846, St. Petersburg – 23 June 1866, St. Petersburg)
- George of Oldenburg (17 April 1848, St. Petersburg – 17 March 1871, St. Petersburg)
- Konstantin of Oldenburg (27 April 1850, St. Petersburg – 18 March 1906 in Nice, France); m. Princess Agrafena Djaparridze, created Countess of Zarnekau
- Therese of Oldenburg (30 March 1852, St. Petersburg – 18 April 1883 St. Petersburg); m. George Maximilianovich, 6th Duke of Leuchtenberg (1852–1912)
Titles, styles, honours and armsTitles and styles
- 17 April 1815 – 23 April 1837: Her Ducal Serene Highness Princess Therese of Nassau-Weilburg
- 23 April 1837 – 8 December 1871: Her Imperial Highness Duchess Peter Georgievich of Oldenburg
Nav pesaistītu vietu
Nav norādīti notikumi