Christian Bourquin (7 October 1954 – 26 August 2014) was a French politician, member of the Socialist Party. He has been the president of the Regional Council of Languedoc-Roussillon since 2010.
Bourquin was born at Saint-Féliu-d'Amont, Pyrenees-Orientales. He was elected Mayor of Millas in 1995, holding the post until 2001. Bourquin died, aged 59, at Montpellier, Hérault.
- Deputy in the French National Assembly for the 3rd canton of Pyrénées-Orientales (1997 to 2002)
- Member of the PS National Office (2005 to 2008)
- General Council of Pyrénées-Orientales Canton of Millas, from 1994 to 2010.
- Chairman of the General Council of the Pyrénées-Orientales, from 1998 to 2010.
- 1st Vice-President of the Regional Council of Languedoc-Roussillon in charge of Finance from 2004 to 2010.
- After the death of Georges Frêche, President of the Languedoc-Roussillon region, in October 2010, six months after his reelection, Christian Bourquin was elected President.
- In September 2010, Bourquin was elected as Senator for Pyrénées-Orientales constituency.
No relations set
No events set